Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Angel9oh7's (Online) Legacy

 It's about time I made another post. Anyway, I forget for what reason but I was browsing the internet one day when I came across this website. I read the front page and was saddened; he person who owned this website, Angel9oh7, is dead, and this site is likely being kept-up by a close friend and/or family member. I gotta say, continuing to keep your loved one's personal website up after their death, especially after all these years, is some dedication I think we'd all like. But enough self reflecting, let's get onto the website itself.

Something you'll notice throughout this site is that despite how basic it is, Angel9oh7 knew how to use colors. As in the colors all fit. It's still a classic geocities/tripod/angelfire era site (MIDI's and all), but it's not an eyesore color-wise. Granted if you hate pink you'll probably hate this website, but at that point I don't care.

This website mainly consists of 4 main categories of things: Poems and quotes, graphics (which if probably how I found it in the first place), greetings, and 60s nostalgia.

So first, the poems and quotes. I don't have much to say about them, but from a quick glance they all seem to be sweet and uplifting, so if you're curious I suggest you check them out. There's also some Bible verses, so if you're Christian then again you should check it out.

The Poems page.

The Quotes page.

Now for the 60s page. Again, not much to say about this. It's mainly reminiscing about life in the 1960s. Again a very sweet page all the crustiest (in a good way) 60s-themed clipart you can imagine.
The 1960s Nostalgia page.

Third we have the virtual greeting cards page. These are full of virtual greeting cards you can send to your friends/loved ones. They include general occasions such as Get-well-soons and cards to say "Good morning", but there's also cards for plenty of more specific occasions and holidays such as Christmas and wedding cards. There's really a lot of types of cards on this page, so if you're ever in a jiffy and need a quick card, seems like angel9oh7.com if your place.
The greeting cards page. (Also the website broke while I was typing the post. Trust me, it looms better than this.)

Finally, we're at my favorite page; The Graphic Index. I think how I fond this site is someone on neocities had a collection of web graphics I was looking through and this was one of their sources. There are all sorts of classic images for your website, from classic clipart to site elements such as buttons, and some logos for the website itself. Again, there's quite a lot here, so feel free to check it out yourself.
The Graphic Index, and my personal favorite part.

Again, there's much more to the website than just what I mentioned (including an entire Christmas page), but I suggest if you want to check out more of the site if you want to see  more. As always, here a link to it (but be prepared to download a lot of MIDIs):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel9oh7's (Online) Legacy

  It's about time I made another post. Anyway, I forget for what reason but I was browsing the internet one day when I came across this ...